Day 01 :Wednesday, Departure 6.00 PM
Delhi you will be treated like Maharaja & Maharani on welcome by garlanding, Tikka and turban with glass of wine. The Capital city of modern India a city known for its rich valorous and exotic history. Once the fabled city of the heroes of the Mahabharata and ruled by the Rajputs before they were displaced by foreign invaders. The tour starts in the evening with a ceremonial welcome aboard the Palace on Wheels at Safdarjung New Delhi. You will be introduced to your fellow travellers. Feel free to explore your new palace, and acquaint yourself with its various facilities. Relax with a drink at the bar. Dinner will be served on board in its two restaurants.
Day 02 :Thursday, Arrival 3.45 AM Departure 11.30 PM
Jaipur Your tour began at the Hawa Mahal Palace of wind followed the amazing Jantar Mantar-Astronomical Observatory are to be explored at leisure.
The home of the erstwhile rulers. The city palace now a museum of full royal splendor. Jaipur also offers a great shopping experience since the city is the countries capital as far as handicrafts are concerned.
This include a very extensive range as well as a major International center of cutting and polishing of Gems and stone. Also the Jaipur is known all over the world for hand block printing on textile. Lunch at Amber Fort. Soon after reaching at Amber you can enjoy the festively decorated elephant for a ride up to the fort.
After lunch visit of Amber fort the best example of splendid fusion of Rajput and Mugal style of Architecture.
The hall of victory Jai Mandir has a stunning ceiling adorned with mirror work an inlaid panel. Return back to train by bus for fresh n up after rest awhile enjoy sumptuous dinner in one of the best hotel of Jaipur return to Palace on Wheels.
New Arrangement from this season
1. Lunch venue at famous Amber Fort.
2. Jaipur by Night.
3. Visit of Albert Hall.
4. Dinner, Bar-be-que, Folk Dance at 5 star Hotel Jai Mahal an old palace of Rajput rulers.
Day 03 :Friday, Swai Madhopur Arrival 5.30 AM Departure 10.30 AM
Sawai Madhopur The Ranthambhore tiger reserve at junction of the Aravali and the Vindhyas is a unique juxtaposition of natural and historical richness, standing out conspicuously in the vast, arid and denuded tract of eastern Rajasthan, barely 14 Kms from Sawai Madhopur.
A 1000 year old Ranthambhore Fort of great historical importance atop a high hill stand tall remain of the historical part cenotaphs, tombs, stepped well, summer palace etc, have all merged harmoniously in to the sprawling forest.
Three big lakes- Padam Talav, Malik Talav and Raj bag- are alike turquoises studded in the vast tract. Though a delicate eco system, Ranthambhore is dynamic in the diversity and density of fauna it supports.Tiger at the apex of the food chain lords over the kingdom in a subtle way solitary by nature. It operates with stealth. Quite naturally tiger sighting are always a matter of chance, though evidences of its activities are equally exciting other then tigers you may have opportunity to see 24 different species of mammals, spotted deer, sambhar, wild boar, Indian Gazel, Jungal cat, Panthers, Jackal, Hynas Rarely sloth bears, also almost 300 different kind of birds.
The break fast is to be served in Hotel Vinayak in peace and tranquility-Return back to Palace on Wheels.
Lunch on Board.
Enjoy the afternoon on train as it travels the lush green country side before arriving to Chittorgarh.
New Arrangement from this Season.
1. Sightseeing of Jhoomar Baori- It was a hunting loudge of Jaipur ruler Sawai Madho Singh. The best location to take picture of the forest.
2. Visit to Jogi Mahal-A former forest guest house from where you can view the picturesque scenery of Padam Talab.
3. Leisurely Break Fast at Vinayak Hotel at lush green lawns along with fresh aroma of the jungle trees.
Day 03 :Friday, Chittorgarh Arrival 4.00 PM Departure 2.00 AM
Chittorgarh Fort is considered as the largest fort of India, built by various Mauriyan rulers during 5th to 8th century period, this for covers an area of 680 acres most of the structures in side the fort premises are in ruins. But a glimpses at this giant abodes of Rajput still fills on with thrill. The fort is accessible after ceremony seven gates. Rana Kumbha palace and Padamini Palace in the fort are considered as master pieces of Rajput architecture Padmini Palace had been the residence of beautiful queen Rani Padmini.
In the year 1313 Alaudhin Khilji after knowing about the beauty of the queen attack on the fort. But the Rani performed Johar (Taking once own life by fire).The victory tower built by Maharana Kumbha in the memory of victory over the combined armies of Malwa and Gujrat in 15th Century. This tower is the symbolic identity of Chittorgarh. Sound and light programme at fort.
New Arrangement for this Season.
1. Light & Sound show at fort.
2. Dinner at Panna Hotel (it is named after the forstermother of mewar ruler named Panna Dhai who saved the life prince by scerified her own son) there you can enjoy with cultural programme, music & Bar-Be-Que.
Day 04 :Saturday, Udaipur Arrival 8.00 AM Departure 3.30 PM.
The capital of the sirodia Maharanas, enjoy pre-eminen among the Rajput clams of Rajasthan spend the day sight seeing at Udaipur Maharana Udai Singh, Laid the foundation for a new kingdom Udaipur situated at Lake Pichola where the impressive city palace was lavished with aesthetic and imaginative work of art miniature painting was encouraged.
Subsequently the princes built the seemingly floating Irland Palace, the royal summer retreat, offering a spectacular view of the lake and surrounding mountains.
New Arrangement for this Season.
1. Break Fast at Shikar Bari- A hunting lodge of the Mewar ruler where they shot tiger wild boar & other wild life. It is the only calm & screen place to enjoy breakfast with the nature.
2. Lunch at Sun set point-Open air restaurant rom where you can enjoy a view of Lake Palace, Jagmandir and can enjoy fresh breeze of Pichola Lake.
3. Visit to Crystal Gallery-It is a balcony of Fateh Prakash Banquet hall which is having a museum of crystal glass furniture, crockery, chandilliers of old time.
4. Boat Ride and back to train.
Day 05 :Sunday, Jaisalmer Arrival 9.15 AM Departure 11.45 PM
Jaisalmer The golden city of Rajasthan has a charm of its own, Rawal Jaisal a Bhati Rajput ruler founded the city in 1156 AD. The western most citadel of the desert, Jaisalmer has an ancient history linked with its development as a trading center.
Located en-route one of the two passages, that connected India with persia, egypt Africa and West. The Bhati Rajput sole guardians of the city accumulate enough wealth through tax levied on the passing carwans. Jaisalmer amid picturesque a marvel of beautiful culture and harsh climate conditions. The Sonar Quila Fort, made of yellow sand stone will immediately command your attention here.
The city is also known for its old mansion better known as havelies. Patwon Ki Haveli and Nathmalgi Ke Haveli, Salim Singh Ji Ki Haveli most striking architecture a fine blend of ancient and the medieval era. Shopping and lunch at Moomal Hotel. The sweeping sand dunes, enjoy the romance of solitude at Kuldhara and your camel takes you deep in the thar desert, the set hare is the most awaited experience. As the sum sets the rolling golden dunes the surreal experience is worth. Though the winter, followed by the cultural performance - campfire with dinner in dunes.
New Arrangements for this Season.
1. Lunch at Hotel Moomal-It is the first hotel of Jaisalmer carved in yellow sand stone. The best hotel for sharing mouth watering ethanic Rajasthani food with the full of village atmosphere.
2. Enjoy Rajasthani Food with traditional ethnic music.
3. Evening Tea, Sun set & Dinner with Bar-be-que, at Samdhani.
Day 06 :Monday, Jodhpur Arrival 7.00 AM Departure 3.30 PM
Special welcome on arrival and sight seeing of mighty fort followed by lunch at Gorgious Umaid Bhawan Palace. The city best known for its indigo-hued homes and buildings, Jodhpur is the former capital of the Marwar. The Mehrangarh Fort was built by Rao Jodha in 1459 and later his successions also added new structures. The forts is situated 120 meters high rocky hill, this fort is witness the lavish and royal history of Rathore.
Fort stands on strong and wide walls, which are 20 to 120 feet high and 12 to 70 feet thick its gigantic structure and finely carved intricate sculpture are a treat for eye. The royal structure boast their own saga of security and beauty the perl palace has a delicately carved stone screen, umaid vilas displays the Rajput miniature paintings and the ajit vilas exhibits musical instruments and the royal costumes. Shopping of local handicrafts.
Umaid Bhawan Palace worlds finest and largest palace in the world Maharaja Umaid Singh utilized the services of a well known Edwardian architect, henry vaughan lanchester for the construction of this palace. There are 347 rooms in the palace that boast about its grandness and splendor the central dome that has become the identity of the palace 110 feet high. The royal family in still lives a part of the palace also having the old clock museum.
This is also the venue of lunch. After lunch back to Palace on Wheels, dinner on board.
Day 07 :Tuesday, Bharatpur Arrival 5.00 AM Departure 8.45 AM
Bharatpur A royal kingdom where the jats, rather than the Rajputs, ruled. Bharatpur's Jat History is not too old, with Suraj Mal establishing a firm stronghold in a region contested by both the Rajputs and the Mughals. Suraj Mal exploits are legendary, and the fort, Lohargarh, or Iron Fort, has a history that recounts it with pride. The only fort in the state to have bastions of mud, these proved meritorious because they simply swallowed up the cannon shells not allowing them to impact.
The Keoladeo Ghana National Park one of the finest bird sanctuary in the world was developed by a royal edict when dykes were created so that water could be canalized for the hunting preserve as the Maharaja of Bharatpur wished to create. Over three hundred species of birds many of them migrant species that come from parts as distant as Siberia and China.
New Arrangement for This season:
1. Break Fast at Bird Sanctuary-Nominated a world heritage site it was declared a National Park in 1983. This 29 Sq. KM park is one of the world's greatest heronries. It shallow, fresh water marsh attracts thousands of migratory birds.
Day 07 :Tuesday, Agra Arrival 10.30 AM Departure 11.00 PM
Agra A visit to the world's most well known monument and well worth its fame. The Taj Mahal built in the memory of his beloved empress by emperor Shah Jahan, this marble mausoleum is the greatest gesture of love known to mankind and is breathtakingly, bewitchingly beautiful. Land for the building of the Taj Mahal in Agra came fromthe Maharaja of Jaipur and the marble used in its construction was from the mines of Makrana, also in Rajasthan. The precious stones used in its inlay, and the craftsmen employed for the twenty two years its construction took, came not only from India, but from all over the World.
Day 08 :Wednesday, Delhi Arrival 07.30 AM
Arrive at Delhi Safdarjung Railway station. Breakfast on board and let the pleasant memories of the past week linger on your mind for a long, long time.
Arrival 07.30 hrs.
New Arrangement for this season.
1. Lunch at Palace Hotel.
2. Light & Sound culture Programme in the evening.
3. Gala Dinner at Hotel Mughal Sheraton.
Palace on Wheels: Tour Tariff
Valid from October to March
10% of the tariff for the children upto 5 years of age.
Half fare for children between 5 and 12 years of age.
(Age proof of children is to be furnished, which is required at the time of issuance of tickets)
PLEASE NOTE :
- 10% Surcharge shall be levied on departure during Christmas/New Year.
- @ 3.09% Service Tax shall be levied on the tariff of Palace on Wheels.
- US$ 15 per pax per trip shall be charged against the payment of commercial taxes in addition to the tariff.
- No charter can be booked during X-Mas & New Year period.
- Tariff Subject to change without notice.
In case of FITs:
• 50% of ticket value at the time of confirming the booking.
• Remaining 50% of ticket value 60 days prior to departure.
In case of Group:
• 50% of ticket value at the time of confirming the booking.
• Remaining 50% of ticket value 75 days prior to departure.
Cancellation must be advised by Fax/E-mail/Letter to The Luxury Trains. On cancellation, refund will be made. Certain amount of the ticket value will be deducted as follows.
In case of FITs
• 5% of ticket value 60 days or more prior to departure.
• 20% of ticket value between 59 to 30 days prior to departure.
• 100% of ticket value between less than 30 days prior to departure.
In case of Group
• 10% of ticket value 60 days prior to departure.
• 100% of ticket value between 0 to 59 days prior to departure.